- GPIF should sell JPY 25trl of JGBs.
- Should start by selling longer maturity JGBs.
- Should buy Japan stocks when they fall like this year.
Reaction details (11:13)
- No immediate reaction in Japanese asset classes.
Analysis details (11:13)
- During the latest quarter, the GPIF's holdings of JGBs fell near their asset allocation floor of 52%, while holdings of Japanese equities rose close to their ceiling of 18% of total assets.
- The value of its total portfolio rose 4% over the quarter to stand at a record JPY 128.6trl (USD 1.26trl).
17 Apr 2014 - 11:07 - Equities - Source: BBG
RANsquawk provides audio news and commentary for over 15,000 professional traders and brokers worldwide. Services include: