- MON: Eurozone M3 Money Supply, US Good Trade Balance, Dallas Fed Manufacturing Business Index.
- TUE: Tokyo CPI, German Import Price Index, US S&P Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, US Pending Home Sales.
- WED: Australian CPI, Swedish Confidence, German Labour Market Report, Regional and National CPI, Consumer Confidence (F), ADP Employment, BoC Rate Decision, FOMC Rate Decision.
- THU: Australian Building Approvals, Chinese Manufacturing...
- MON: Swedish Unemployment, EZ Industrial Production.
- TUE: RBA Minutes, Chinese Inflation, South Korean Trade, UK Labour Market, German ZEW, NY Empire State Manufacturing Index, NZ CPI.
- WED: BoK Rate Decision, UK & EZ Inflation, EZ Trade, US Retail Sales, Canadian CPI, US Business Inventories, TIC Flows.
- THU: Australian Labour Market, Swiss Trade, UK Retail Sales, US Building Permits, Housing Starts, Philly Fed, Industrial Production,...
23 Sep 2019, 09:00 by RANsquawk Desk
74th UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY (23-27 SEP):
Attention will be on meetings that take place on the sidelines of next week's UN confab, particularly any meetings between US and Iranian officials, following last week's attacks on Saudi energy facilities, where from a US perspective, the blame has fallen on Iran. However, the chances of an official meeting between the two sides has faded after the attacks. Iran, which denies involvement in the attacks, has said that talks with the US cannot take place unless all...
16 Sep 2019, 09:00 by RANsquawk Desk
FOMC PREVIEW (WED)
Ahead of the 'blackout' window, Fed Chair Jerome Powell had the opportunity to guide market pricing for the 18th September FOMC, but struck an upbeat tone on the economy, essentially signalling that he was comfortable with market pricing which is weighted in favour of a 25bps rate cut to 1.75-2.00%, as opposed to the more aggressive 50bps, which some members of the FOMC have called for (voter James Bullard argued a cut of that magnitude would help align rates with the market). No doubt,...
09 Sep 2019, 09:00 by Adam Linton
- MON: Japanese GDP, Germany Trade Balance, UK Industrial & Manufacturing Production, Construction Output, Trade Balance, EZ Sentix Investor Confidence,
- TUE: Chinese & Norwegian Inflation, Norges Bank Regional Survey, UK Labour Market Report, US NFIB Small Business Optimism, Canadian Housing Starts, Building Permits, US JOLTS
- WED: Swedish CPI, US PPI, Wholesale Trade Sales, Polish Rate Announcement, OPEC Monthly Report
- THU: Swedish...
- SUN: NZ Trade
- MON: UK Bank Holiday, German IFO, US Durables, Dallas Fed Manufacturing Business Index
- TUE: German GDP (2nd), Hungarian Rate Decision, US House Price Index, S&P Case-Shiller, CB Consumer Confidence, Richmond Manufacturing Index
- WED: GFK Consumer Climate, EZ M3 Money Supply, Israeli Rate Decision
- THU: NZ ANZ Business Confidence, Australian CAPEX, German Import Prices, Norwegian GDP, German...
- MON: Japanese Trade Balance, EZ CPI,
- TUE: Swiss Trade Balance, German PPI, Norwegian GDP, Canadian Manufacturing Sales, RBA Minutes
- WED: Norwegian Unemployment, South African CPI, Canadian CPI, US Existing Home Sales, FOMC Minutes
- THU: EZ & US Manufacturing, Services and Composite PMIs, Swedish Unemployment, EZ Consumer Confidence, NZ Retail Sales, ECB Minutes
- FRI: Japanese National CPI, Canadian Retail Sales, US...
12 Aug 2019, 09:30 by Adam Linton
- MON: N/A
- TUE: German CPI, UK Labour Market Report, German ZEW, US CPI.
- WED: Australian Wage Price Index, Chinese Industrial Production, Retail Sales, German GDP, Swedish CPI, UK CPI, PPI and RPI, EZ GDP.
- THU: Australian Employment Report, Norges Bank, UK Retail Sales, US Philly Fed, NY Empire State Manufacturing, Retail Sales, Industrial Production.
- FRI: OPEC Monthly Report, Eurozone Trade Balance, US Building...
NOTE: This analysis was sent to RANsquawk clients last Friday. Sign up for a free trial by following this link.
- MON: UK Mortgage Lending and Approvals, Dallas Fed Manufacturing Index
- TUE: Japanese Unemployment and Industrial Production, Australian Building Approvals, German Import Price Index and GFK Consumer Climate, Eurozone Consumer Confidence (F),...
- MON: Germany IP; BOI; Aus NAB confidence; China social financing.
- TUE: EIA STEO; US JOLTs.
- WED: Powell testimony; FOMC mins; BOC MPR; China CPI; UK GDP, trade data, IP.
- THU: US CPI; OPEC MOMR, Sweden CPIF.
- FRI: China trade.
24 Jun 2019, 09:00 by Adam Linton
- SUN: Istabul Election re-run
- MON: German Ifo Survey
- TUE: RBNZ Monetary Policy meeting, Hungarian Central Bank Monetary Policy meeting, US Consumer Confidence, New Home Sales, Meeting minutes
- WED: US Durable Goods
- THU: Banxico Monetary Policy meeting, US GDP Final, Core PCE (Final), EZ Sentiment
- FRI: G20, Japanese CPI and Unemployment, UK GDP, US Consumption and Uni. Of...
- MON: US hearing on further China tariffs.
- TUE: RBA Minutes, German ZEW Sentiment, EZ CPI (Final), US Housing Starts.
- WED: FOMC Monetary Policy meeting, CBRT Summary of the MPC meeting, BCB Monetary Policy meeting, Japan Trade Balance, UK & Canada CPI.
- THU: BOE, BOJ, Norges Bank, Bank of Indonesia, UK Retail Sales, US Philly Fed.
- FRI: EU Summit (EU top jobs decisions to be made), Quadruple Witching, Japanese CPI,...
- WEEKEND: G20 finmin/cbank heads meet.
- MON: US to impose tariffs on Mexico; UK Tory leadership campaign starts; Japan GDP; UK GDP, Manufacturing; Canada housing.
- TUE: EIA STEO, UK jobs report
- WED: China CPI, US CPI, CBRT.
- THU: OPEC MOMR.
- FRI: IEA oil report, CBR.
G20 FINMIN/CBANKS HEAD MEETING (WEEKEND):
Ahead of the leaders’ summit on 28-29 June, G20 finance ministers and central bank officials will meet on the weekend at Fukuoka in...
- MON: Swiss CPI, Turkish CPI, EZ, US/UK mfg PMI, US ISM mfg, construction spending, NZ trade
- TUE: RBA, UK cons PMI, EZ CPI & unemployment, US factory orders, Aus GDP
- WED: EZ, UK & US services PMI, EZ PPI, retail sales, US ADP, ISM non-mfg, NBP, Aus Trade
- THU: German factory orders, RBI & ECB, EZ employment & GDP (F), US trade, unit labor costs, nonfarm productivity, Canadian trade
- FRI: Swiss unemployment, German & French trade, German IP, US & Canadian labor market...
- MON: UK and US Market Holiday.
- TUE: Hungary rate decision.
- WED: BOC rate decision, German Jobs Report, Richmond Fed.
- THU: Aussie Building Approvals, CAPEX; NZ Budget; US GDP, Pending Home Sales.
- FRI: Japanese jobs data, Tokyo CPI, industrial output; BOK rate decision; German retail sales, CPI; US personal spending, core PCE, Michigan; Canadian GDP
- MON: Norway GDP.
- TUE: OPEC MOMR, Swedish CPIF, Germany ZEW Survey, China IP, UK jobs data, BCB mins.
- WED: US retail sales, IEA Oil Market Report, EZ GDP (2nd reading), Germany Prelim GDP, Canadian CPI, US IP.
- THU: Banxico, Aus jobs data, Indonesian rate decision, Eurogroup meeting.
- FRI: EZ CPI (Final), US auto tariff decision.
- Monday: UK Holiday
- Tuesday: RBA Monetary Policy Meeting, EIA Short-Term Energy Outlook, Australian Retail Sales and Trade Balance, German Industrial Orders and Output, Japan returns from Golden Week Holiday
- Wednesday: RBNZ Monetary Policy Meeting, Brazilian Central Bank Monetary Policy Meeting, JMMC Meeting, China Trade Balance
- Thursday: Norges Bank Monetary Policy Meeting, US International Trade
- Friday: UK...
- Sunday: Spanish Election.
- Monday: EZ consumer confidence; US PCE/personal spending.
- Tuesday: German unemployment; EZ flash Q1 GDP, regional EZ CPIs; Canada GDP; US consumer confidence, pending home sales, Chicago PMI; NZ employment.
- Wednesday: Europe Labour Day Holiday; UK, US mfg PMI; US ADP employment, construction spending, ISM mfg, FOMC.
- Thursday: China Caixin mfg PMI; EZ mfg PMI; UK construction PMI;...
- Mon: Easter.
- Tue: Flash PMIs, EZ flash consumer confidence.
- Wed: BOC rate decision, ECB bulletin.
- Thu: BoJ rate decision, Riksbank & CBRT rate decisions, US durable goods.
- Fri: Japanese labour data & retail sales, US advance GDP, Final Michigan confidence.
- Sun: Spanish General Election.
- Monday: US Factory Orders
- Tuesday: EU General Affairs Council, EIA STEO
- Wednesday: FOMC Minutes, ECB, OPEC MOMR, UK GDP, US CPI, Trump to meet South Korea President Moon, EU Brexit Summit
- Thursday: IEA Oil Market Report, Indian Elections Start, US PPI
- Friday: Revised Brexit date (TBC), Eurozone Industrial Production, Uni of Mich (prelim)
01 Apr 2019, 05:59 by Shehan Rajapaksege
- Monday: ISM Mfg, Mfg PMIs, EZ CPI, US Retail Sales, Construction Spending.
- Tuesday: RBA, EZ Unemployment, US Durable Goods.
- Wednesday: Services PMI; ISM non-Mfg; China Vice Premier Liu travels to US for trade talks; Aus Trade Balance; US ADP.
- Thursday: RBI, US Challenger Job Cuts, US and Canadian Labour Market Reports.
- Friday: No major releases.
25 Mar 2019, 05:45 by Adam Linton
- Monday: US New Home Sales, Apple Event.
- Tuesday: US Durable Goods, Case Shiller, Consumer Confidence.
- Wednesday: RBNZ.
- Thursday: SARB, US GDP (final), Eurozone final Consumer Confidence, US Pending Home Sales, Banxico, Japan Labour market & Retail Sales.
- Friday: UK was scheduled to withdraw from EU; UK GDP; US PCE; Canada GDP; Uni of Michigan (final).
- Monday: Eurogroup meeting
- Tuesday: Brexit Meaningful Vote (TBC), ECOFIN meeting, UK GDP, US CPI
- Wednesday: Eurozone Industrial Production, US PPI
- Thursday: BoJ Rate Decision, US Retail Sales
- Friday: Eurozone CPI (final), NY Fed Mfg, Uni of Michigan (Prelim), US JOLTS (Jan), US Industrial Production
- Mon: US Construction Spending (Dec)
- Tue: RBA, Spanish Parliament dissolves, EZ final PMIs, EZ Retail Sales, US ISM non-Mfg, PMIs, US New Home Sales (Dec)
- Wed: BoC, Fed's Beige Book, Aussie GDP, US & Canada Trade Balance (Dec), US Factory Orders, US New Home Sales (Jan)
- Thu: ECB, Aussie Retail Sales & Trade Balance, US & Canada Trade Balance (Jan)
- Fri: US & Canadian Labour Market Report
22 Feb 2019, 19:15 by Adam Linton
Monday: US Wholesale Inventories
Tuesday: US Housing Starts, Consumer Confidence, New Home Sales, Richmond Fed, Powell Senate testimony, Fed Discount Minutes, NZ Trade
Wednesday: Brexit vote, US Durables, US Factory Orders, Pending Home Sales, Powell House testimony, Canadian CPI, BoK Rate Decision
Thursday: US GDP, Chicago PMI, Swedish GDP, German CPI
Friday: US PCE, ISM Mfg PMI, Construction Spending, Auto Sales , German Employment, Eurozone PMI (F), Canadian GDP